MCC has been a leading distributor of polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) and polyvinyl butyral (PVB) products for many years, serving customers in the paper, textile, building materials, ceramic and adhesive industries as well as in many other sectors.
Due to their numerous chemical and physical properties, polymers are very versatile and suitable for many different areas of application:
- Polyvinyl alcohols have excellent film-forming and bonding properties. They are water soluble, reactive, biodegradable and recyclable.
- They provide outstanding carrier properties for optical brighteners and thus help to improve e.g. the whiteness of paper. They bond the fibres into a smooth surface and influence viscosity by acting as a thickening agent.
- In the production of aqueous adhesive raw material solutions, polyvinyl alcohol offers the advantage of a more uniform structure with high adhesive strength and minimal raw material input as compared to other, natural adhesives such as casein and dextrin.
- As a raw material in the production of remoistenable adhesive for gummed paper as found on the back of postage stamps or the flaps of envelopes and mailers.
- In finishings or as an emulsifier, e.g. as a component in emulsion paints, grouts or primers.
We offer our customers raw materials for a wide range of different applications and deliver them quickly and reliably. We are always happy to accommodate individual requests and, together with our customers, are constantly working on the development of user-specific products.